Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lauterbrunnen, Switzerland

Well after 2 1/2 days of transit we have finally been able to kick back and relax. I have to say i hated Milan and found it very overwhelming. We were only there for one night as a stopover but that was enough for me! We had to jump on a train from the airport into the city, then find our way to the metro train (absolutely horrible!) where there are beggars at every ticket booth looking for tourists that need help getting places. Then they demand money! Paul nearly got caught up but I quickly dragged him away. Finally we hopped on another train that took us to milano centrale to then hop on another train that took us to Spiez. But the travel doesn't end there! We had to hop on another train to take us to interlaken and we got talking to a lovely local. She gave us some good tips! When we arrived in interlaken we then hopped another train to lauterbrunnen. But you have to make sure you get on the right carriage as the carriage splits. Front part takes you to lauterbrunnen and the back takes you some place starting with g. The name reminded us of the Grizwalds from the vacation movies with chevy chase. SO after our trip of trains we found a nice cafe run by a lovely Canadian drinking beer look out to the mountains, waterfalls, jungfrau and lush greenery. And it certainly isn't cold here! Around 25 - 30 degrees. Today we are hoping to head up to the jungfrau but it's been cloudy so might not be able too. Anyway I best be off!





- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

2 comments:

  1. Hey Cam & Paulio, so glad to hear from you and that the weather is nice and sunny. Winter had certainly arrived over here so looking forward to leaving next week to join your adventure. Hopefully the clouds clear and you can get to the top of jungfrau as it is just an amazing sight. Take your time getting up and stop half way up for a pint.....mmmm the memories. Take care and see you soon. Love Bec & Stephen xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey bugs and paulie, I am so jealous wish I was there. When Bec leaves next week I will feel like a only child:-( sorry Mick! Glad your having a good time. Train sounded like a pain in the arse but atleast you made it. I only have vivid memories of jungfrau but I know I did not go up the top. Was too poor when I was 20! Then again nothing has changed, haha. Anyways have fun x

    ReplyDelete